Monday 27 May 2013

Change is in the Air

 As abruptly as the season changed from winter to spring, my life has undergone big changes this past month, both personally and professionally. It has been in a constant state of flux and non-stop work, but although there is stress involved, I am in surprisingly good spirits. I'm sure the spring sunshine has a lot to do with that, but having the unwavering support of my awesome boyfriend is an even bigger factor. Never have I known a person to step up to the plate so readily and take on such enormous tasks to help me. I feel very fortunate to have this man in my life.

How has my healthy lifestyle weathered this state of turmoil? Not so well to be perfectly honest. The diet has suffered terribly. The only workouts I've gotten have been the housework, gardening, and box lifting I've been doing on a daily basis. (Which isn't so bad actually...at least I'm still active.) I have my mom as a house guest for three weeks, and it feels like a vacation despite the fact that I'm still working, so there has been plenty of wine flowing and junk food eaten! I'm not being too hard on myself...I'm too happy to be weathering the changes with good mood intact. After all, my main concern is seeking vitality. That being said, I need to be sure to put a limit on this "break time" so I don't undo all my hard work.

My first 5 K run is coming up in a little over a month and I need to focus purely on training for that. The Killer Buns and Thighs workout has taken a backseat temporarily while I increase my aerobic endurance. I can't seem to fit both into my routine because of the time constraints and the fact that doing both at once is BRUTAL on my knees. The last thing I want is to injure myself, and since I made a commitment to run the race, that's what won out. I will run this evening, and maybe even get out of bed early tomorrow to get it done before work.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment