Friday 10 May 2013

Pep Talk Time

My friend pointed out that I hadn't written a blog entry for a week, and it made me realize how connected this blog is to my goals and habits. As I alluded to in last Friday's entry, this is a particularly stressful period in my life (the type we all must go through on occasion.) I'm holding it together fairly well considering the circumstances, but I fell into that seductive trap once again. Do I need to work out today? Don't I deserve a break? And while I'm taking a break, don't I also deserve some comfort (ie. junk) food? I have so much on my mind, can't I just forget about the blog, healthy food prep and daily workouts? That has been my internal dialogue. If falling off the wagon actually made me feel better, more vibrant and mentally stable, then I would say "go for it, self!" But in reality it makes me feel physically ill, sheepish and disappointed in myself. Last night was a low point in my mood, and I made a promise to myself to get back into healthy habits before I end up destroying any progress I have made. There is always time in the day to do a workout...even if I have to make time by getting up earlier. I am not being helpful to my loved ones by treating my body this way. Renewed effort is beginning today!

No comments:

Post a Comment