Thursday 16 May 2013

The BEST no-calorie drink on a hot day

Our streak of lovely spring weather continues unabated, which has allowed me to get a hefty dose of vitamin D this past week. I'm never as good at staying hydrated as I should be though. Even when I'm perspiring a lot, it doesn't occur to me that I should be replacing my fluids. Bad Heather! I kept it at the front of my mind yesterday evening though. As soon as I got home from work I was out in the yard planting the last of our seedlings and putting hostas in the flowerbed. It was hot work and although I would have loooooved a cold beer afterwards (they were beckoning from the fridge), I knew that it would further dehydrate me. But water wasn't appealing as a reward either. I compromised with the following:
An utterly refreshing and calorie-free take on homemade lemonade:

Toss into a blender:
1 1/2 cups ice cubes
2 cups cold water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons splenda (or whatever your preferred sugar alternative.)

Zap until blended and enjoy! According to my tastebuds it has the perfect blend of tart and sweet, while still being a great rehydrator (is that a word? It is now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment