Wednesday 1 May 2013

Happy Mayday!

Anyone who lives in the Edmonton area as I do is probably shaking their heads at our recent weather. Monday morning we started getting flurries of snow. They progressed into a full-on blizzard style storm with gale force winds that lasted throughout the day. By evening, there was a good amount of snow accumulation and shovels were once again broken out. Tuesday the temperatures were below freezing all day and we got some additional flurries. It was particularly disheartening because we had FINALLY lost most of the winter's snow, and many people had spent the weekend doing their spring prep yard cleanup. At my place we planted our seedling trays, (planting outdoors doesn't happen until late may around these parts), raked the grass and put some fresh mulch down in the front garden. Now our yard is once again blanketed by a thick layer of heavy, wet snow. I cannot express how tired I am of looking outside and seeing a sea of white. It's spring! Mother nature, get the memo!

Thankfully the temperatures are now warming up with some lovely days ahead. So with that in mind, I am going to be thankful for May the first ushering in our spring season at long last. I am keeping my fingers crossed that our brief summer lingers long into the fall months.

No comments:

Post a Comment